OTTO ROAD SHOOTING RANGE
SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Follow all NRA gun handling and general rules
• Obey all posted signs
• Persons on range must provide a membership key card and a photo I.D. upon request
• Shooting hours are physical sunrise to physical sunset
• One adult guest per member on range and any children under the age of 21 living in the same household. Extra guests require a signed guest waiver.
• All minors shall be supervised by a responsible adult
• Members are responsible for the actions of their guests and pets! Both are to be supervised and/or restrained
• Do not shoot --- over the berms --- over the backstops --- or from outside a shooting bays’ rear most limit
• During a cease fire, unload all firearms; open and clear all actions and table all firearms. Do not handle any firearm or approach a shooting position
• Have only one firearm with the proper matching ammunition on the bench at a time
• All targets must be within 5 yards of the back of the bay and long-range berms
• Eye and Ear protection is MANDATORY in the fenced area
• Be considerate and share your bay, more than one person can be in the bay.
• Targets and stands are available for use at long range, near bay 9, bay 20 and in the pavilion near bay 5 for a donation
• No glass, period!! (anything that shatters, clay birds are exempt) Clean up after yourself -- leave no brass, hulls, trash, plastic bottles, or targets. If you bring it in take it home or put it in the dumpster.
• Do not shoot tracer, explosive or 50-bmg or larger
• Do not shoot any animals on range
• Only shoot 22 rim fire short, long, or long rifle cartridges in the “22 bays” No magnums or seventeens.
• Only shoot long range area from the range house, or covered firing line
• Locked gates are to be locked and closed gates are to be closed after passage
• Key cards are range property, $10.00 replacement fee for replacement of lost or broken card
• Park in the designated parking area, no vehicles next to the fence Speed Limit on the range is 10 MPH
• Bays 1 – 6 are for competition and competitors ONLY
• Do not enter bays reserved for competitions unless you are participating in the competition
• Supervision of the range is by any certified range officer on the range (as denoted by an “Otto Road Shooting Range – Range Officer” ball cap or key card) and the Management Team (as denoted by an “Otto Road Shooting Range – Manager” ball cap or key card).
• Failure to follow any range rules may result in immediate removal from ORSR and suspension or revocation of membership!
NRA GUN HANDLING RULES
• ALWAYS KEEP THE GUN POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION
• ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO SHOOT
• ALWAYS KEEP THE ACTION OPEN AND FIREARM UNLOADED UNTIL READY TO USE.
• KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND.
• KNOW HOW TO USE THE GUN SAFELY
• BE SURE THE GUN IS SAFE TO OPERATE
• USE ONLY THE CORRECT AMMUNITION FOR YOUR GUN
• WEAR EAR AND EYE PROTECTION
• NEVER USE ALCOHOL OR DRUGS BEFORE OR WHILE SHOOTING
• STORE GUNS SO THEY ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE TO UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS